rethink(ip) suggestion: make last screen of TEAS print right

Posted by Stephen M. Nipper at March 22, 2006 11:52 AM

One thing that is annoying (about using TEAS) is when you file a Response or other document, the "Success!" confirmation page you receive never wants to print right. Whether I print it portrait or landscape or to doesn't matter. I still end up with text that falls off the screen. See the right edge of the below pic for an example of what I am talking about:


Any idea why it does this? Is it just me?

Comments (5) | TrackBacks (1) trackback

Related Articles:
URLs Gone Bad
Odd new USPTO domain feedback: Please Un-RealPlayer


You can ping this entry by using .

Well .... we were bad bad boys a couple of weeks ago. It seems that our little experiment to shake up Blawg Review were met with mixed results. We received a large number of "thank yous" and well wishes, but...

Trackbacked from Shadow Blawg Review on Rethink(IP).


naiserie Says:

March 22, 2006 12:59 PM

i don't know why that is, but a solution might just be to take a screen shot of the document and then print the screen shot.

Nipper Says:

March 22, 2006 01:03 PM

Funny. That is exactly what I do (snap a jpg and print to file).

You do receive a confirmation email that contains the relevant information, so it isn't like one wouldn't be able to preserve the information you'd need to prove you filed the Response (etc).

It is just inconvenient that there is a hitch in the HTML that doesn't allow the page to print right (unless, again, the error is on my end).

Hinheckle Jones Says:

March 22, 2006 05:26 PM

I do not know either, but your blog does it to me.

I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom to see the right end of a paragraph. If I maximize my window, the text is reformatted so that the ends are out of sight again.

Nipper Says:

March 22, 2006 05:40 PM

Mr. Jones:

Your issue is caused by your screen resolution (in conjuction with how wide I made the jpg images).

At 1024x768 everything is fine, but at 800x600 (you are right), the last two images I posted are off the screen (however the posts themselves were still on the screen).

FYI. I pulled the stat log. Apparently 15% of our last 100 readers use 800x600 mode, and the other 85% use at least 1024x768.

So...note to self, use smaller (wide) jpgs for our 800x600 friends.

How to change resolution (in case you don't know):

Ginnie Says:

March 23, 2006 09:46 AM

Another option, vs. screenshot maybe to save as a .pdf - which you could conveniently keep as part of an efile on the application.
I have a "save as pdf" option on my Explorer toolbar.

Leave a comment

Your Name
Your E-mail
Your Website URL
Remember personal info?